Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Drinking Swiss Miss After Being Dragged By the Dog

I meant to post sooner. But I got caught up in life. Anyway, it's been pretty uneventful. We get a new sectional this Friday. Cost us a grand, but it's gorgeous as hell, not to mention, easy to maintain. It looks like the one in this picture, except the colors of the cushions and pillows are dark chocolate and beige.

-Drools-

Aside from that, David got offered an assignment to go to DC for a month. He would've gotten paid an extra 2 grand on top of what he already makes, but that would've meant him missing Thanksgiving (he already missed last year since he was at basic training and we were still dating at the time). So, of course, he declined the opportunity, mostly because of me. I felt guilty, but then again, this is one of the first holidays we will get to spend together as newly weds, and it's not like he won't get another opportunity like that again, what with the fact that he's already up for deployment next May. I get upset every time I think about it, but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself as well as spend every moment I can with him before he does go overseas.

It hurts when I think about how I'm gonna deal with not seeing him for 7 months.