Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How Do You Deal During Husband's Deployment?

I get depressed and worried when I think about it. The day that I dread the most is the day when David calls and tells me he's been issued deployment orders. And I sit there and blink and try to swallow the lump that's forming in my throat.

If you think it's hard being away from the one that you love for a day, try six months.

Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. As far as my support system goes, my family's out of state, and I can't go running back to them every time he has to leave. I have to stay put where I am now, put on my big girl panties and learn how to be on my own. Even though there are support groups and other military wives on base to help me, at the end of the day, I'm still going to bed alone every night, thinking, and praying that my love is doing alright on the other side of the world.

Since it's our first deployment, I'll go easy on myself and give it a few weeks before I decide whether or not to run back to mommy and daddy lol.