Friday, January 21, 2011

Katy Perry - Thinking of You Video Review

I was never really a huge Katy Perry fan, but this video makes me cry every time I watch it. Along with its beautiful footage and the 1950s vintage outfits, I love this video mainly because it appeals to a lot of military wives out there and conveys what they go through when they have to let the love of their life go off to war. There's a gorgeous shot of a reminiscent Katy staring out the window as she plays back memories of her and her deceased lover biking to a lake, lying on a blanket in a field, sharing their last dance, the last goodbye kiss, and finally him walking away from her as she stands alone, watching him leave. He turns to look back at her for the last time. That part breaks my heart every time and the tears come pouring.

Everything in that four minute movie is comparable to reality, and putting myself in her shoes, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. You get that one love you can't live without, and then when they're gone, it's unbearable. 

Watch Katy Perry - Thinking of You