Friday, July 22, 2011

Pissed Off At This Damn Economy

I haven't been blogging much lately, due to depression from being unemployed for over a year now. I recently had two job interviews and just received a rejection letter today. I wasn't really surprised, yet still cried over it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of not having control over this aspect of my life. I busted my ass in college and instead of using my degree I feel like I'm just wasting it all by being a full time military house wife. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that my husband is able to support us both, but I also want to be the breadwinner of the household.

With no children to take care of yet, I could use the second income to start helping my mom pay off my student loan, to put away towards David's truck fund, to plan for the wedding we never had.

The worst part about being unemployed is it hasn't exactly helped my short fuse. The majority of shit I get upset over is so trivial because it stems from my deep frustration with not being able to land a job.

I can't do anything except pray that things will get better, that a door will open up when the time is right, and to just know that God will take care of me.