Monday, April 18, 2011

The Long Hair Community

I love this site. Since I'm currently growing my hair out to waist length, I often visit this forum for tips and suggestions on how to maintain my wavy hair. I registered for an account last week and finally got approved, so now I have my own little profile where I can add photos and statistics about my hair length, type, volume, etc. Also, I can post on the many threads other people have started.

If you're looking to grow your hair out and are in dire need of support, definitely look into joining this forum because they do have a lot of helpful tips and it's always fun to look at other people's progress as a lot of them do post pictures of their hair growth journey. A couple things you should familiarize yourself with are the terminology and the hair typing system that the Long Hair Care forum uses to classify hair types. It could be confusing at first, especially if you are a newbie, but once you read through it, you'll start to pick up on the lingo really quickly.

They can be found here:

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954

and here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

 And that's pretty much it. Enjoy perusing the site, there's a lot of helpful information. :)